[lbo-talk] Paul Potts, the new Pavarotti

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 09:34:22 PST 2007

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote: "BUT-- who was doing the camera work on that clip you posted? Steven Spielberg, or Oprah? :)"

Well, I think it was the tv show's producers. They started out with the formulaic cuts to the "photogenic" faces of the judges, but quickly realized they had a real story going in the singer. In these short cuts, he's got more than talent -- almost unreal effortlessness and pure tone! And he's shy!

BobW