[lbo-talk] "Beautiful Men"/Re: black class gap

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 18:02:37 PST 2007

> >People said to me: this is the devil himself you're
> going to meet,
> >and his politics are just right of Attila the Hun.
> But I found him
> >to be a beautiful man with convictions that I
> wouldn't all agree
> >with but had to accept that he believed in them
> passionately.

Reinhard Heydrich believed in his principles passionately too. Good think the Czech resistance scrambled his grits for him on a Prague street in 1942!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinhard_Heydrich

Scroll down and you can see the picture of the Mercedes into which the resistance chucked the grenades that killed the Butcher of Prague.

http://www.radio.cz/en/article/28416

When I visited Czechoslovakia, as it then was, there was no monument to them (they were the London-based rather than the Communist resistance), although the story was pretty completely told in an out-of-the-way WWII history museum to which I made a pilgrimage.

Anyway, I think this is one way worth contemplation to handle beautiful men with convictions that we disagree but in which they passionately believe.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your homepage. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs