[lbo-talk] black class gap

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 16 14:55:37 PST 2007

ravi wrote:

>I was listening to a smart, stylish and talented musician with good
>politics who scores popular successes with a multi-faceted effort
>that explains to millions how the worse than
>working poor try to live.

You're talking about the guy who says Jesse Helms is a beautiful man right?

I think Bono is less interested in explaining how the worse than working poor try to live than he is in explaining that the powerful people he rubs shoulders with are just regular caring people trying to do a tough job. Worse yet, he does it condescendingly, talking about riding in Bush's limousine and getting to know the real guy. Which is to say, he can get close to people in a way the rest of us can't because we're not famous.

http://www.lambincommand.com/searchresults.asp?Id=1974&adate=6/4/2005