[lbo-talk] Deer Hunting With Jesus

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 19:51:21 PST 2007

On Nov 17, 2007 10:29 AM, <bitch at pulpculture.org> wrote:

> shit appeared then to be running away from living in the belly of the beast
> and let the rest of us do the heavy lifting. apparently, he'd had with the
> states and wanted out.

Living in China, I encounter folk with that attitude. Weirdest was one American guy who went on at some length about Bush, surveillance, et cetera, and claimed he'd left Amerika becuase he couldn't live in a police state. While I agree with much of the comment on Bush and probably would go further than him in my objections to the current "one nation, under surveillance" developments, I have to wonder what the hell he thinks China if he perceives America as a police state. As I see it, there are sure some dangerous tendencies, enough to make me seriously worried about the US becoming viciously authoritarian, but it ain't there yet.

-- Sandy Harris, Nanjing, China