[lbo-talk] greening of OPEC

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Nov 16 20:38:16 PST 2007

Bob Morris wrote:

>Newt Gingrich just wrote a book about how we need solutions to global
>warming, which seems a real change to me, coming from the hard Right.
>
>On Nov 16, 2007 11:45 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> Just heard energy pundit Daniel Yergin on CNBC reporting from the OPEC
>> summit. The consensus of OPEC ministers - OPEC! - is that "the debate on
>> global warming is over - the only question is what to do about it." That
>> leaves the Republican Party, James Heartfield, and
> > Alex Cockburn as the last remaining denialists!

Massive cooptation in process. Global warming has already become the "terrorism" pretext for two enormous, and enormously harmful, swindles--biofuels and nuclear power. The Next Big Things. If monopoly capital can find a piratical way to make a bad situation even worse you can count on them to go all out for it.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos