[lbo-talk] LBO Got All Crazy

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Nov 17 12:20:14 PST 2007

Carl Remick wrote:

>Hmm, it seems LBO is *still* all crazy. Just for the record:
>"Nashville" was a piece of crap, but no more so than any other Altman
>movie I have seen. As for Kubrick, the best movies I've seen of his
>are "Dr. Strangelove" and "Paths of Glory." I barely remember
>anything about "Barry Lyndon" except the movie seemed exceptionally
>long.

Agreed.

As for Barry Lydon -- it's a beautiful and faithful rendition of a Thackaray novel. If you don't like Thackaray, you won't like Lyndon. But it is very true to the spirit of the novel. It's only weakness was putting Marisa Bernenson in the role of the rich widow. She is a model who can't act, which is a problem.

Joanna