[lbo-talk] The North's burden of enlightening the South (was Re:The "NAFTA Superhighway" Urban Myth)

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sun Nov 18 09:00:58 PST 2007

> Austin itself is not some
> podunk little shit-hole or something.

Austin is indeed in a small group: nearly every state capital in the US is a podunk little shit-hole with nothing else of import going on. I'm surprised they let Austin continue being the capital. I'd say that Madison, Providence and Columbus are the only other ones like that.

There are some genuine mistakes, tho: Phoenix, Denver, Boston, Atlanta, and Salt Lake really shouldn't be capitals. I suggest Tucson, Boulder, Springfield, Macon, and ... well, there's not much else in Utah besides Salt Lake.

/jordan # "Houston is just like LA ... except there's no beaches or movie stars."