[lbo-talk] [PEN-L] The Art of Mental Warfare

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Nov 20 18:57:58 PST 2007

Julio Huato wrote:

> It's clear to me that the two springs
>in this shift int he collective consciousness could be put under two
>rubrics: (1) foreign-policy reform (anti-imperialism) and (2) economic
>security (universal health care, reduction in inequality, public
>investment in infrastructure, education, the greening of the country,
>etc.).

Another 2 topics that are big for me are

1. The de-criminalization of the population. Prison reform. Programs to help reintegrate prisoners. No mandatory sentencing, etc.

2. Governmental accountability. It seems like a lot of money for poverty relief, disaster, etc., winds up in the pockets of middlemen. The privatization of education is part of this. There needs to be higher standards of govt service. Govt should not be synonymous with a license to steal.

Joanna