[lbo-talk] top 10 on Conservapedia

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 27 12:57:53 PST 2007

Robert Wrubel wrote:
> --- joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> Since I am 1) female and 2) bisexual, I wonder if
>> guys on the list could
>> explain to me what exactly is so threatening about
>> homosexuality?
>>

> 1)Fear of being one; 2) fear of being raped; 3)fear of
> being seen as not so great at heterosexuality; 4) fear
> of running into someone with a bigger dick; 5)fear of
> being murdered by your father; 7)fear of developing a
> lisp.
>
> BobW

Have you actually met a male who feared being raped, outside of someone prison bound?

I'm assuming the first 3 are somewhat serious but why would #1) fear of being one; make one feel threatened? What is so threatening about an attraction towards someone of the same sex?

Maybe homophobes don't feel threatened? Maybe homophobe is the wrong word. Those who dislike queers may not fear or feel threatened by them. They may hate for another reason. Do all racists dislike "others" because they feel threatened? Some do but I don't think that explains all and I think the assumption that queer haters feel threatened may be incorrect for a great number of people.

What happened to #6)?

John Thornton