[lbo-talk] Crisis and revolution (Was Re: offlist)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 28 13:32:32 PST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 4:15 PM, Jerry Monaco wrote:

> I'm not sure what Doug means when he says, "There's plenty of
> evidence that
> poor people aren't all that unhappy - and that money doesn't make
> people
> happier." Surely he must define "poor" in a limited way.

I'm referring to the so-called "economics of happiness" literature, which shows that economic growth has not made people in given countries happier over time, and which shows that rich people aren't always all that much happier than poor people.

Of course, people may not have the imagination to see their own unhappiness, as Tahir might say.

Doug