[lbo-talk] Morrissey: Won't live in England, too many immigrants

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Fri Nov 30 05:59:38 PST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 7:12 AM, Chris Doss wrote:

> Doesn't surprise me. I've always thought of him as
> something of a British nostalgist nationalist, like
> the best British band ever, the Kinks.

You think part of the reason the Kinks didn't get the attention they deserved is that they were so out of their time and place?

Even the most recent studio album (that I know of, _Phobia_) has an exquisitely beautiful song, "Scattered", and a nationalist anthem--or was that on the EP? I had a tape of those for so long...anyway, the Kinks really are the best of the batch, and it troubles me that people don't notice it.

John A