[lbo-talk] Bearzilla Stomps Neocons

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Nov 30 09:17:19 PST 2007

John Thornton:

I wish I could share even your optimism. You think when that time comes you'll be released from the internment camp because of a piece of paper?

[WS:] I am not counting on that, of course. I am counting on leaving before they start rounding up the "usual suspects" (which is not unreasonable, since I am not that important, and they will go after others first) and having a place to go to. If Nazi Germany is any indicator, people had an opportunity to leave before roundups started. Those who did not either did not want to leave or wanted but could not get the papers. The problem was not that much on the Nazi side, but on the receiving end, as the case of the "St. Louis" suggests http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/article.php?ModuleId=10005267

Wojtek