[lbo-talk] Paris Hilton on Letterman

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 1 21:18:03 PDT 2007

bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:
> At 02:07 PM 10/1/2007, Dennis Perrin wrote:
>
>> An amusing distraction from the ever-beating war drums, I'll grant you. I
>> don't know what Hilton expects from people, other than to be lusted after or
>> viewed in awe. I must admit that I still find her sexually attractive,
>> though that doesn't mean much, since most of the women I've been with were
>> extremely neurotic or just plain nuts -- but nice looking all the same.
>>
>> Oh Paris, only my marriage and about $25 million in pocket change is keeping
>> us apart . . .
>>
>> Dennis
>>

> i have lost all respect for you!
>
> naw. i don't understand why people hate her so much. *shrug*

I had been ambivalent concerning Paris until the incident with the homeless man. A rich heiress who gets a kick out of paying a homeless man a pittance to let friends pour a soda over his head is beyond disgusting. That sort of dehumanizing and degrading action as entertainment for idle rich brats gives me reason to dislike her. I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate her because that implies I think about her more than I do but I do find her loathsome.

John Thornton