[lbo-talk] Paris Hilton on Letterman

Etienne tim_boetie at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 2 21:13:16 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 10:27 -0700, B. wrote:
> Maybe Dennis Perrin can back me up on this (or not),
> since he knows more about this than me -- but Hilton's
> appearance on Letterman was absolutely caustic. He

I'm wondering if I'm missing some of the codes of American TV; I'm really not seeing the caustic. He sympathizes with her about her time in prison, annoys her slightly by keeping talking about it when she wants to get off the topic, and ends with an ancient (although quite funny) gag with the perfume bottle. All very polite; what am I missing?

--

"Boredom is the threshold to great deeds."

-- Walter Benjamin