[lbo-talk] Reps losing business class (sorry for last post)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 2 12:50:32 PDT 2007

On Oct 2, 2007, at 3:34 PM, Robert Wrubel wrote:

> Carl wrote:
> "What a Bizarro World reading of political trends
>> this article is. The overriding point is that the
> Dems have become wholly Republican in POV."
>
> Partly true; partly not.

I never know what to make of these claims. The Dems often really suck, but 1) they've always been good imperialists, and 2) though the New Deal and Great Society are long dead, there are still big differences between D and R on labor law, minimum wage, tax policy, and health care. Look at the current fight over expanding the Child Health program - Ds for, Rs against. As I keep saying, to no apparent effect, the differences between the two parties are wider now than they were in the 1950s and early 1960s. It's a mathematical fact.

Doug