[lbo-talk] attitudes towards religion

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Wed Oct 3 05:52:24 PDT 2007

At 12:26 AM 10/3/2007, Robert Wrubel wrote:
>bitch wrote:
>"It's one thing I enjoy about the place, most of the
>people who are in management or something similar tend
>to spend their time discussing films
>on public teevee, documentaries, something they caught
>on the history channel, discovery, etc. Reading seems
>to be mostly fiction -- sci fi,
>historical novels. . ."
>
>I assume they all have BAs at least, maybe in
>humanities. Amazing how little of it sticks.
>
>BobW

don't know. they all started out as programmers of some sort, except for the business analyst.

another story. The new director of development gathered us for a meeting. He asked a random person, "Let's share. What did you do over the weekend?"

Programmer, recently 'promoted' to teem leed said, "Oh, I was just talking about going to the opera this weekend."

WebDev Director didn't know what to do. Personally, I thought I saw a look of mild shock and the thought pass over,, wow, these people are a little more refined than I'd expect. He seemed pleased but hiding it as he looked left, then right to the folks around him and said, "Oh, I'm sorry to hear about that"

Everyone laughed reassuringly. Because that's what you're supposed to do!

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)