[lbo-talk] Koppel goes to prison

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 14:37:17 PDT 2007

Do prisoners get charged for the right to be regularly raped and abused, maybe killed, too?

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> There's a solution to this problem that is
> much-beloved by the right and callers into
> conservative talk shows: charge prisoners room and
> board and/or make them work for their "free housing
> and meals" by doing labor for the state (making
> license plates, etc.), or for private companies
> (making circuit boards, as some inmates do in
> Texas).
> If the income from that doesn't cover all the
> housing/feeding/medical expenses, keep a running
> tally
> of what the prisoner owes -- then, when the convict
> is
> paroled or released, garnish his wages 'til it's
> repaid in full.
>
> I have seen/heard this solution bandied about a lot.
> Pretty depressing. The philosophy towards folks in
> prison is often "Go as far as you like, I don't
> care."
> Can't extract enough retribution from them.
>
> In fact, it seems like they're an easy target for
> misplaced anger and frustration about other stuff,
> easy sitting ducks, a socially-approved group to
> unleash one's pent-up (even unrelated) rage onto.
>
> -B.

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!

____________________________________________________________________________________ Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games. http://sims.yahoo.com/