[lbo-talk] Engelhardt: Dems accept 10+ years in Iraq and counting

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 21:26:59 PDT 2007

This is what I expected and feared. But how can they get away with it? Won't continued occupation come back to bite them at mid-term and even the next general election? This isn't like Korea, where the killing and dying mostly stopped after the armistice. As long as we are there the body bags and maimed and damaged will be coming home. Besides. What's magic about ten years? What reason does anyone have to think that in ten years things will better enough so that whatever is impelling them to stay in Iraq that long will be fixed?

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/174844/having_a_carnage_party