[lbo-talk] who likes Hillary

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 07:11:29 PDT 2007

On 10/3/07, bitch at pulpculture.org <bitch at pulpculture.org> wrote:

> my anecdotal experiences at work tell me same. from women, it's because
> they see her as a strong woman and because they think it's high time a
> woman was elected.

The reverse is true, too. A lot of the right-wing venom directed at her (esp. during Bill's terms) had this undercurrent of "get back in the kitchen". I've even heard women expressing discomfort with her prominence. Then there was the coworker who snarled about her being a lesbian. It's not hard to imagine seeing support for her being a kind of well-earned "yeah, well, fuck you with a flamethrower" to that mentality.

-- Andy