[lbo-talk] who likes Hillary

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 4 11:01:55 PDT 2007

"Mr. WD" wrote:

> My wife has been complaining for months about how so many otherwise
> progressive women -- even those who consider themselves closet
> radicals -- are supporting Hillary simply because she's a woman. I've
> heard this off and on, but my wife says she hears it all the time.
> What sheer, inexcusable idiocy!

When the republicans are in office the 'decency measure" falls (say) 3 points. When the DP is in office, it goes back up .5 pts. And on and on it goes.

I view presidential elections from the perspective of a sports fan. I don't _do_ anything one way or the other but I pick a principle which makes it more fun. I think it would be more fun if Hillary were president for the next few years, though of course I won't vote for her, even if there were reason to think my vote might make a difference. I won't vote for anyone else either.

I do hope as the war goes on into 2010 that actual leftists may have a better chance to find each other and begin coalescing.

Carrol