[lbo-talk] What if Dobson splits?

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 09:21:55 PDT 2007

It seems to me that the religious right base has more organizational weight than any thing comparable on the Dem base (aside from the unions, of course) and certainly more discipline. Plus there are local and state level elected officials with loyalties to the religious right - presumably more numerous than those on the left side of the spectrum, esp in certain parts of the country. It is a formidible constituency and given that, it doesn't seem likely the Repug leadership will be as crass as their Dem counterparts.

Whether or not Dobson et al actually bolts, his followers are certainly capable of making trouble in the nomination process and in the convention itself. SR.

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>

?