[lbo-talk] who likes Hillary

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 4 10:09:40 PDT 2007

On Oct 4, 2007, at 11:46 AM, Chuck wrote:

> I picked Clinton to win a few months ago. I don't think a scandal can
> even dislodge her at this point. The economic situation will be much
> worse a year from now and people will be disposed towards a change. If
> Giuliani gets nominated and focuses on terrorism, this will cinch the
> win for Hillary. A Bush attack on Iran will also cinch a win for
> Hillary. People out here in the Midwest are really pissed off about
> the war.

Hillary would be great for my disillusionment scenario. There will be so much joy among liberals when she wins, and then when she governs from the center-right (Republican at the Pentagon, maybe, like her husband did?) they'll freak out. It may take time, and there could be a lot of excuse-making, but when they turn, it could be the best thing for the radical left since, like, Seattle.

Doug