[lbo-talk] another view of Hillary

John S Costello joxn.costello at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:53:20 PDT 2007

> Ann Coulter's:
>
> <http://www.observer.com/2007/tea-miss-coulter?page=0%2C1>
>
> How would she sum up Hillary's campaign strategy?
>
> "Assume that the loony base secretly knows you are a Marxist, so that
> you can talk like a moderate Democrat, appeal to the DLC types, and
> people who are Democrats because their grandparents were Democrats."
>
> If Hillary's elected, does she think she'll—
>
> "Impose communism in America? Yes. And I think it's a little worse
> than that, because I think she has a chip on her shoulder and a 'to
> do' list. Ha-ha!"

Lucky for her -- the Bush regime has staked out ground for such expanded powers of the executive branch that her job will be relatively easy!

On my way into work this morning I was in something of a funk, and I was musing about how terrible it would be if President Hillary were to start rounding up the Ann Coulters and Rush Limbaughs of the world and shipping them to Gitmo or renditioning them to Poland. Because the right-wingers would howl and howl, and I would be on their side, even though they were never on my side when I protested against Bush's abuse of the exact same power.

-- "The more I practice, the luckier I get." -- Ben Hogan