[lbo-talk] who likes Hillary

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 13:42:52 PDT 2007

Why are people like Dodd and Biden even running? In Doug's perverse "disillusionment scenario" would they be any less quick than Hillary to race to the center? Dodd once seemed like a good guy, several decades ago.

Biden makes the idea of wind-bag seem exciting by contrast, but he was the first to back what now looks like the only possible exit strategy.

Kucinich and Gravel I understand. Someone is paying them to draw off voters who have just graduated from high school or entered the anti-war movement last month.

But what's wrong with Biden, Dodd, Richardson? Why do we always have to go for the star performers? If one of these guys snuck in at the last minute, there'd be no time left to swift-boat him. And a boring non-entity could be really good for the country!