[lbo-talk] who likes Hillary

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Oct 4 14:53:00 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 13:56 -0700, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> No
> Child Left Behind is far worse for more African
> Americans, in a diffuse sort of way, than either
> Clinton's evisceration of welfare

I find myself disagreeing with Andie more often than not, but on this subject we can sing sweet close harmony. No Child Left Alone (as I prefer to call it) and the similar initiatives pursued by, for example, Mr Trains Run On Time Bloomberg, look to me a lot like the melding of the incarceration sector with the credentialling sector.

I do believe that all the Democrats have fervently endorsed this Procrustes Prep approach to educating our offspring. Am I mistaken? Tell me if so.