[lbo-talk] who likes Hillary

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Oct 5 07:25:32 PDT 2007

>It's very unfair to black folks to expect 'em to be smarter
>than white folks. Admittedly, this is not setting the bar very
>high, but still, fair is fair.

^^^^^^^ CB: I wouldn't say Black Americans are smarter than White Americans. They are more politically left than whites. For example, mainly Black people prosecuted the urban rebellions; or Black people voted 95% against Reagan. Or Black people poll more against the war. Despite the very acute left analysis of the Democratic Party on this list, being so overwhelmingly against Reagan _was_ an indicator of being more left than the white masses who elected Reagan. I realize that this is the issue of this thread. How can I put this. The level of critical thinking on this issue here tends to sectarianism when applied to masses of people. Black people's greater support for Dems is an indication of that population being more left generally, pace y'all. Even if it is a somewhat vulgar leftism. The leftism here tends to fancy.

As far as Hillary, it's a bit too narrowly focused to only compare Bill Clinton and the current Bush. The larger context is Republicans leading the racist charge of the last thirty years, Reaganism ( no it didn't start with Carter; sorry; again , Black people are the better judges on this). Even under the Clinton admin, the 1994 midterm election was a white race riot, putting the Gingrich gang in, etc. In considering this larger historical context, Black people are " smarter" in one sense, on this one issue: racism. Of course, Black people are lefter on racism. And racism is central to all politics in the U.S.