[lbo-talk] WWII was in 19-something

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 12:14:49 PDT 2007

This kind of reminds of a really cool sci-fi story I read recently, I can't recollect the title, but the premise was that sometime around 2050 or so civilization collapsed and, through liberal use of pseudoscientific handwavium, all electronic records were lost.

Several hundred years later, anthropologists visit North America and attempt to recontruct the history of the United States through the oral histories of the Americans. The end result is the tale of General Washington (General is his first name), who, through the aid of his magic sword Valleyforge and enchanted scarf of stars given him by the sorceress Betsyross, and with the aid of the great French hero Charles Lafayette Degaul (formerly of the Three Musketeers), does battle against the British, their Red Army and their American Native allies.

At one point they do battle with a three-headed mountain.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/10/02/BA61S87F0.DTL