[lbo-talk] WWII was in 19-something

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 12:36:10 PDT 2007

T.E. Lawrence apparently got a First in Modern History at Oxford while referring to only one date in his exams: 1066 (the date of the Norman Conquest). Everything else was, "Some time before 1066." "Shortly after 1066." And so forth.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/10/02/BA61S87F0.DTL