[lbo-talk] blacks shun military

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Mon Oct 8 16:02:22 PDT 2007

air farce is snootiest. even within the navy, the navy flyboys are the ones who preen most -- and have the best bases, facilities, etc.

I didn't look at the numbers but I do know that the Navy isn't recruiting because the gov set their rates lower than the rest of the branches. Learned this from a recruiter who sat next to me on a plane to Cleveland. He was headed for Kansas to take up his new post. When he'd mentioned that he'd just become a recruiter I said, "Hmmm. Not a fun time to do that."

He waved his hand and said, "Pshaw. Of all the branches, Navy's easiest because we don't have the crazy recruitment goals."