[lbo-talk] Jim discovers video games, seeks guidance

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Oct 8 22:52:53 PDT 2007

On Mon, October 8, 2007 7:17 pm, Blackmail wrote:

> I'd agree w/ the Xbox 360 comments, but would discourage anyone from
> buying the PS3. there's not enough buy-in for it to be fun online; the new
> games are slow in coming

The PS3 was released a year later than the 360, that's why the software has been slow in coming, but there's a massive wave of releases happening over the next six months, so all the systems will have great games. Hollywood Reporter recently confirmed that a $399 version of the PS3 will be out November 2, so price is no longer an issue.

It's been frustrating to watch the Microsoft hardware debacle. As a gamer, I wish the 360 well as a platform, and want it to thrive and keep Sony honest. But the execs running Microsoft seem to have the same gift for self-destruction as the execs in Detroit. One of the depressing continuities of Empire, it seems.

-- DRR