[lbo-talk] Upcoming Burma demo in Perth...

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 10 03:31:28 PDT 2007

Not much going on around the civil rights of Burmese workers on this list yet...so....What's happening in your area?

Mike B)

Dear friends,

We have been trying to keep up the fight as well as the awareness campainge for the plight of the people in Burma and all of us from Perth, Australians and Burmese Australians, appreciate your continued support and participation. This is going to be a long fight as the military regime won't give in to the pressures easily while the people suffer greatly.

So we plan to keep up with the rallies and demonstration as well. The next one is on 13 October 2007, 2:00pm, -starting point- Supreme Court Gardens. We'll start the march around 2:15, going up Barracks Street, turn left onto Murray St Mall, we'll halt there for a little while, then left onto Williams St. The protesters will disband at Esplanade Reserve.

We are thinking of doing the same march a week later and we'll have to start organising for that. Some of us whoever is willing to contribute with discussions, planning, etc.are welcome to stay behind and we plan to have a meeting after this Saturday rally.

Please spread this news widely to all your friends and contacts because the people from Burma need all the support and help they can get.

Best Regards, Khin Myo Myint 9310 1777, 0411 068 649 Dr Nancy Hudson-Rodd 9375 9486 Dr Myo Nyunt 9310 1777, 0411 155 849

Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht! http://www.iww.org/culture/official/preamble.shtml

Get the World's number 1 free email service. www.yahoo.com.au/mail