[lbo-talk] An Empire of NGOs

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Wed Oct 10 13:15:55 PDT 2007

I'm not sure I understand this as a response to Yoshie's critique of NGO's as playing a legitimating role in current structures of informal sovereignty as a mediator. Yoshie is offering a critique of the structure of the NGO, rather than the concept of 'sexual self-determination.' I suspect she would have issues with it, linking it with abstract liberalism, but this isn't what she says in the post.

Coincidentally, Hardt and Negri are considerably less sanguine about the nation-state itself, and have a pretty serious critique of the continued usefulness of theories of imperialism. Robert Wood