[lbo-talk] Not getting laid is the same as being oppressed? (was An Empire of NGOs)

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Oct 12 07:02:41 PDT 2007

You disappoint me Charles. From your previous posts I expected more from you.

John Thornton

^^^^^ CB: Sorry , John. I'm not buying it. This latest from Brian started me thinking about his many posts on sexual liberation, and beyond a certain point they do amount to whining about not being able to get laid in as many ways as he wants.

Then you want to try to vulgarize my sexual repression as "not getting laid" and contrast it with others' "social repression of their sexual essence." Uhh no, I'm claiming repression of my sexual essence too. Then you imply that long periods without a girlfriend are trivial compared to repressed by a whole set of social norms. No, long periods without a girlfriend derive out of a whole set of social norms , too.

So, back at you , buddy.