[lbo-talk] Not getting laid is the same as being oppressed?

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 12 08:04:57 PDT 2007

> This latest from Brian started me thinking about
his many posts on sexual liberation, and beyond a certain point they do amount to whining about not being able to get laid in as many ways as he wants.

It is much more complex than that Charles. It is not about whether or not I get laid, but about my relationship and expression of my desires as they occur and transform during my life.

> Then you want to try to vulgarize my sexual repression
as "not getting >laid" and contrast it with others' "social repression of their sexual essence."

Having experienced both, I can tell you that the experiences are not alike. Not getting laid is not getting laid -- like going to movie theatre and finding out that the film you wanted to see was sold out.

Having your sexual expression oppressed is far more painful for unlike the sold out movie which can be replaced with a later screening or another film, I cannot desire to eat pussy instead of sucking dick. I have no desire to eat pussy and have failed thus far to engender one.

> Then you imply that long periods without a girlfriend are
trivial compared to repressed by a whole set of social norms.

Not trivial to you on a personal level, but my periods without a boyfriend were not nearly as painful as the period when I actively hated my desire whether I had a boyfriend or not. It may be that since you have never been through what many queers and kinksters go through, you have no measure of comparison.

> No, long periods without a girlfriend derive out of a whole
set of social norms , too.

How so?

Brian