[lbo-talk] "Suck Cock to Beat the Draft" vs. Equal Right to Serve (was An Empire of NGOs)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 12 14:53:12 PDT 2007

On Oct 12, 2007, at 6:40 PM, bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:

> and Jensen? I will never forgive him for the way he treated a sex
> worker
> friend of my. He blithely dismissed everything she had to say about
> anything -- precisely as the kind of dolt Oh Great RadFem Leaders
> think we
> all are.

I never trust these dudes who constantly advertise how sensitive they are. It seems like a dissimulated form of egomania to me, and this story fits right in with that." What do you know, you whore? *I* really know."

> I pointed out what weak tea his crap was on Zmag a couple of years
> ago.
> They have utterly no data in that paper. Zip. There are reams and
> reams of
> studies on porn and these two jokers can't be bothered to actually
> consult
> any of it. Why? Because the effects of porn simply aren't what Jensen
> wishes they were.

Interesting. The passages where he tries to prove some horrible consequences of porn are really weak - like I said earlier, he basically quotes five "porn made me do it" alibis from some guys who'd committed awful crimes. It must be that he knows there's no data to prove his case, so he takes the anecdotal route.