[lbo-talk] "Suck Cock to Beat the Draft" vs. Equal Right to Serve (was An Empire of NGOs)

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Fri Oct 12 15:40:52 PDT 2007

At 01:54 PM 10/12/2007, Doug Henwood wrote:

>I forgot to mention that in Robert Jensen's really bad book, Getting
>Off: Pornography and the End of Masculinity, he says: 1) porn is all
>about rape, and 2) the central fantasy of hetmale porn is of women
>who want it all the time. He seems not to find the two assertions
>contradictory.

because, at root, what radical feminists like jensen believe is that, in this culture, there is no such thing as female desire in the sense that women have never wanted any kind of sex or sexually-related activity women have ever engaged in. it's always already (*snort*) desire created by men. this is especially true with MacKinnon, who at her most structuralist (her early work), simply denies that anything a woman does is of her own desires.

That's why, for Dworkin, there can be no lesbian pornography. And people like Audacia Ray, who made the porn flick, Bi-Apple, can't possibly be making porn by and for women. It's a joke for Dworkin and MacKinnon who ultimately believe that no woman has yet to ever express real desire. It's always the desire that het men want them to have. (I'd quote Dworkin on that matter by I don't have my copy of _radically speaking_ at the moment)

Which is what I mean when I say their social theory is terrifying and why it invariably relies on special, charismatic leaders who have klew and can lead the rest of us dolts. We think we're making feminist porn but we're just watching cockshadows dance on the dungeon walls!

and Jensen? I will never forgive him for the way he treated a sex worker friend of my. He blithely dismissed everything she had to say about anything -- precisely as the kind of dolt Oh Great RadFem Leaders think we all are.

I pointed out what weak tea his crap was on Zmag a couple of years ago. They have utterly no data in that paper. Zip. There are reams and reams of studies on porn and these two jokers can't be bothered to actually consult any of it. Why? Because the effects of porn simply aren't what Jensen wishes they were.

Freak -- and not in a good way. HA. OK. maybe the speedball at the the gym will look like Jensen. hee.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)