[lbo-talk] Ann Coulter: washed up?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Oct 12 18:17:20 PDT 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Doug Henwood wrote:

> So what's the betting? Is Ann Coulter now washed up for having dis'd
> the Jews? Or will she get away with this one too?

Probably. The big Jewish organizations who run the anti-semitic noise machine have all given christian fundamentalists a pass on this idea that Jews will have to convert in order to be saved. It's the sine non qua of the zionist/fundie alliance which is now a very solid thing. Extremists on both sides even joke and laugh about it when it's pointed out. They say "We've agreed to disagree on that -- and we both agree that when the Messiah comes, one of us is going to be very surprised." It's actually a kind of fascinating example of how mutual toleration is sometimes possible even among mutual extremists.

Michael