[lbo-talk] Ann Coulter: washed up?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 12 18:50:18 PDT 2007

Michael Pollak wrote:
> that when the
> Messiah comes, one of us is going to be very surprised." It's actually a
> kind of fascinating example of how mutual toleration is sometimes possible
> even among mutual extremists.

It's also an instance of my argument that the religious will _express_ their politics in religious terms but that teligion by itself is seldom if ever the major source of anyone's politics -- or even a secondary source. The same social conditions and relations which lead to a given politics are apt to lead to accepting a religion which seems to rationalize those politics. But the social conditons and relations come first.

Carrol