[lbo-talk] Hillary steps away from Israel Lobby

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Oct 13 10:00:14 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 12:46 -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:
> [wow, is this the pressure of running in a Dem primary? would she
> rejoin the fold in the general election?]
>
> Clinton Steps Away From Pro-Israel Lobby on Measure to
> Rein in President

She hasn't left the fold, and won't. They've given her a pass, I'm sure, which they're always willing to do for any given loyal lackey from time to time, as long as there are enough aisle-crossers left to give 'em a majority.

Hillary is such a valuable asset that they don't want her to have to take any unnecessary heat until she's safely ensconced in her husband's former chair. -- Well, maybe she'll use a different chair.