[lbo-talk] Hillary steps away from Israel Lobby

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 12:49:23 PDT 2007

I think Michael's right on this. I was just going to say that she, in her wisdom and with the advice of the arch-strategists of the Democratic center-right, decided it was necessary to give a bone to the anti-permanent-war/anti-catastrophe wing of the Democratic party, whatever the Israeli lobby said. But I think Michael's take is better. She got a pass.

But this surprised me:

"close ties with Jewish and pro-Israel activists". I never thought of them as "activists", but conservatives -- "Leave us alone and we will run things here." I think of Jeff Halper and ICAHD as the activists.

Bob W