[lbo-talk] latest Greenberg

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 07:10:25 PDT 2007

Although Democrats have a nominal and meaningless majority in the Senate, I'm not sure most people know who controls Congress. The question is like "who is the master of the hounds?" Answer: The owner of the hounds!

So the low ratings of Congress merely mean the American people rightly see Congress as not counting.

As for the poll results, there is a flavor of push-polling, at least in the way they are reported:

Pollster: do you think we should be spending $10 billion a month of your tax dollars in an endless war?

Pollee: Definitely not!

Pollster: Which party do you think can better manage the war?

Pollee: Uh, let me think . . .

BobW