[lbo-talk] Can Politics Be Liberated?

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 15 13:11:27 PDT 2007

> But I still think you could get further with the
American public by saying it's not our business, and look what happened the last time the U.S. military tried to "export democracy."

I agree. By appealing to the isolationist streak in American culture (both personal and political), you could help to move invading and/or attacking Iran off the radar.

I would say that most Americans do not like the idea of empire, but there was enough time between Vietnam and Iraq for people to forget about a protracted struggle, and with no mandatory draft the war is more abstract than if people's lives were suddenly and rudely interrupted. Bring back a draft and the war would be over in a minute and Iran would be off the table.

Brian