[lbo-talk] Zionists policing academic discourse

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 18 07:46:37 PDT 2007

On Oct 18, 2007, at 10:08 AM, Michael Smith wrote:

> I'll inject an uncharacteristic Pollyanna note here: I rather think
> they're fooling fewer people these days. That's one of the reasons
> why they've gotten so hysterical and absurd. When a clown like Alan
> Dershowitz is your public face -- then you're in trouble.

Another thing we agree on! I think they've kicked up the hysteria a few notches precisely because they feel so threatened. As problematic as Mearsheimer & Walt are, they've gotten a lot of mainstream attention and almost certainly started conversations among the semi- elite that probably wouldn't have occurred without them. Tony Judt. And Jimmy Carter! Dennis P's friend Morton Klein has a raving full- page ad in the NYT today. They're scared.

Doug