[lbo-talk] US lawmakers apologize in torture case

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 15:49:35 PDT 2007

Arar did not just say he was tortured. He was tortured. There was a whole investigation into his claim as part of the Arar inquiry.

Don't expect any apology. The Bush administration after interrogating him eventually hauled him before an immigration hearing where his lawyer did not attend and it was decided that he was a member of Al Qaeda and should be deported to Syria. So not only is he not on the no fly list, the US still considers him a terrorist and member of Al Qaeda. The US still does not even admit kidnapping Al Masri for Godsake.

There is a huge report on the Arar matter with lots of material at the O'Connor Inquiry Website.

http://www.ararcommission.ca/eng/