[lbo-talk] Zizek

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 20 01:19:52 PDT 2007

On 10/19/07, dredmond at efn.org <dredmond at efn.org> wrote:

> Calm down already. Not everyone is imperialist just because they have nice
> things to say about the EU.

How about a fan of bombing Yugoslavia: "Not enough bombs! Too late!"

Um, as far as I know he's a critical fan of European solidarity. You know,

> build multinational unions, political alliances, cultural commons, that
> sort of thing. And it's a very wise strategy for the periphery to play off
> Eurocapital against Asiacapital against US Empire.

No, it isn't, it's a cheap reformist solution that entails a renewed arms race, and it is one that ignores the obvious fact that most of the Third World is demonstrating a much more developed anticapitalist propensity than the European Left.