[lbo-talk] Zizek

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Fri Oct 19 15:36:06 PDT 2007

On Fri, October 19, 2007 2:07 pm, Lenin's Tomb wrote:

> I think Zizek is basically a liberal and an imperialist

Calm down already. Not everyone is imperialist just because they have nice things to say about the EU.

> Most importantly, he insists that the Third World
> lacks the resources for combatting US hegemony and looks to European
> renewal.

Um, as far as I know he's a critical fan of European solidarity. You know, build multinational unions, political alliances, cultural commons, that sort of thing. And it's a very wise strategy for the periphery to play off Eurocapital against Asiacapital against US Empire.

-- DRR