[lbo-talk] Marjane Satrapi: Revolutionary Spirit

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Oct 21 12:59:29 PDT 2007

Wait, I'm confused.

Is it now a requirement that in order to criticize/praise a particular regime, culture, country, etc., one must be a resident?

I have found exile to be both a source of grief and enlightenment. It's a very complex situation. Sometimes people leave for ever. Sometimes for just a while. Sometimes for good reasons; sometimes for bad.

I read the inteview Yoshie sent along and found Satrapi's observations quite sensible. I would prefer to discuss those remarks on their own merit without dragging Satrapi's current residence into it.

Joanna