[lbo-talk] Why I Skip Anti-Globalization Protests

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Oct 22 07:07:24 PDT 2007

Tassyir:

One of these violent activists worked at my workplace. Ever seen Terry Gilliam's movie "12 Monkeys"? He strongly resembled the Brad Pitt character's features, down to the manic behavior and facial tics. Got a macho adrenaline rush from being gassed by the police. I vaguely recall he was thrilled that some high-ranking KKK member's wife got a rock in the face, though maybe I misremember.

[WS:] These folks are no different than skinheads, neo-nazis or football hooligans - they just dress up in different colors as an excuse to commit acts of thuggery. They are basically violent criminals and should be treated as such.

Wojtek