[lbo-talk] Why I Skip LBO-talk Protestations

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Mon Oct 22 12:25:49 PDT 2007

On 22 Oct, 2007, at 11:51 AM, Chuck wrote:

> The problem here is that the older generations aren't involved in
> these
> protests like we should be.
>
> There is plenty of theory and plenty of armchair intellectuals
> (especially on this list).

I like to think of it on evolutionary terms: if the Right are the reptiles of the political evolutionary chart, relying on their primitive impulses, me any my comrades in the Left are a following step in that scale, Synapsids -- advanced in that we are capable of more complex jaw movement! ;-) Soon we shall develop the ability to masticate and digest, become Eucynodonts (i.e., chew on and absorb the ideas of others), and down the line, perhaps we may even learn to stand up as homo erectus, and do something!

Anyway, my advice to you (not that you asked for it) is to use the list for entertainment value -- don't pop blood vessels in response to what on Usenet used to be called flame-bait (intentional or unintentional), or if you are going to respond, try reversing the tactics!

So, Chuck, what have you been reading lately?

--ravi