[lbo-talk] Why I Skip Anti-Globalization Protests

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 22 13:38:56 PDT 2007

> Yep, that's right! Fuck the working class when they attempt to fight for
> any improvement in their lives! Fuck these kids for smashing windows of
> the chains that employ and exploit them! We demand a leftist praxis
> which limits itself to history textbooks!
>
> Chuck

You mean fuck the working class by throwing a brick at some poor working class girls head while not making any impact on capitalism or raising anyones consciousness? Have you ever heard of a stupid bit of senseless violence you disapproved of Chuck or is it always good to break a window of a store even if it hurts some working class person inside the store and accomplishes nothing else except to perhaps make anti-Capitalists look like lunatics?

This was a weak and meaningless protest. Every brick thrown through a window by an "anti-Capitalists" is not necessarily good. You complain about others knee-jerk reactions but you're having one yourself here. Mindlessly supporting every bit of violence like this is counterproductive. I'm sure that as more people hear about this incident they will just come flocking to join the anti-Capitalist movement so they too can take part in injuring working class people with bricks. What a great recruiting idea!

John Thornton